I believe that one of the most enjoyable, fun, wonderful activity filled with great experiences and yet healthy is camping. Nevertheless to some people this activity can be overwhelming due to the lack of experience on how to conduct it, organising gear,preparing reservations and food, making sure all the necessary equipment are available, these and so much more can be quite overwhelming especially for first timers, but worry not because by the end of this article you will be able to arrange camping activity at ease. So let’s quickly see on the camping tips that one has to have in mind when planning for camping;
- Set a camping date; A lot of great camping grounds tend to fill up quickly so it’s best for one to plan ahead of time and get your spot early
- You can invite friends; camping experience is a whole lot better when you have company, so it’s best if you invite some of those friends you love hanging out with for great experiences.
- Prepare tools and equipment; as we are going to see all the necessary things you need for camping, it is best for you to prepare your checklist early to avoid forgetting and ruin your experience.
- Prepare food and drinks; It should be noted that these things are the most important aspects of camping so it’s wise to prepare them early before the actual day.
These are just some of the quick tips to guide anyone thinking of planning out for camping, let’s now dive in to see the important things one needs for camping;
- Campsite reservations
- Hammock or Tent
- Maps and compass
- First Aid kit
- Daytime Clothes
- Food and drinks
- Insect repellent
- Toothbrush and paste
- Sleeping bags and pads
- Extra blankets
- Stove and fuel
- Frying pan
- Water bottles
- Plates, bowls, knife and cooking spoon
- Cutting board
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
According to surf & travel website these are some of the checklists that one has to make sure they have in mind when thinking of camping, and it’s not necessary to have all of them, it just depends on the kind of camping you want but I know that this checklist will guide you.
After taking time to checklist the important stuff one needs, let’s now delve deeper into looking at one of the most important I can say since sleeping is the most important thing so it’s best for us to put more attention at this especially during camping activity. Now when we think of sleeping in camping, tents and hammocks come in mind and since most of us are accustomed to tenting and very few of us know anything about hammocks, then I will spend the time to tell you a bit about hammocks and why it’s good.
Camping Hammock Tent;
We can simply say that a camping hammock tent is when the camper sleeps in a hammock suspended above the ground different from the other conventional tents we are used to. Due to the fact that the poles are absent, the material used is reduced and this cause It to be extremely lighter than normal tents.
Hammocks vs Tents;
So now let’s quickly pass through the major differences between hammocks and conventional tents
- A hammock is suspended above grounds whereas a tent is set on the ground.
- A hammock does not have poles so that makes it lighter and easy to carry while a tent has poles
- Hammocks occupies less space compared to tents
- Sleeping in a hammock is basically sleeping outside because it’s only suspended on the grounds and ready to use, so sky views can be enjoyed here
- While Sleeping in hammocks can be fun but still, they are of no privacy for those who need it.
There are few main differences between a hammock and a tent but it’s still a choice of the camper to see what suits them and they are comfortable with. However, tents seem like the best option for family camping trips. Below are some of the best tents for family camping you can choose from.
- Coleman Sundome 6 person tent
- Coleman Weathermaster 6 person tent
- Coleman 8 man Instant Tent
- Mountain trails grand pass tent for 10
You can choose one that suits the size of your family and enjoy using them in your camping activity. One more thing before we end this article, let us quickly see the tips on how to stay cool while camping.
How To Stay Cool While Camping;
Staying cool while camping can be really a challenge unless you can get a spot by the lake or river or rather get a shady spot with plenty of trees to keep you cool, here are some of the tips on how to stay cool;
- Find shade
- Find and wear light colored clothes
- Schedule all your activities at a cooler time of the day
- Find spots near water, like rivers or lakes
- Make sure your sleeping area is well vented
- Consume cold foods like fruits and salads and keep yourself hydrated.
You can use the above tips to make sure you stay cool while camping. I hope that this article has enlightened you on camping activities and you can now easily plan out for camping without much to worry about.